1. The new DOUBLE issue of The Journal will be in the mail in the next week. Look for the feature article “Soapmaking in a Shooting Gallery” (featuring a soapmaker in Afghanistan).
2. February membership drive receive DOUBLE golden soap bubbles, the member that refers the most new member will receive an expenses paid trip to the 2009 Conference in Palm Springs, CA generously sponsored by Stratus Insurance.
3. We’re approaching our 1,000th member, will announce soon!
4. Contracts have been signed for both the 2010 and the 2011 Conference sites!
5. Certification Levels I & II tests for CP/HP and MP will be available at the 2009 Conference in Palm Springs, CA. Exams by proctor are in the works.
6. The “Why Handcrafted Soap?” brochure is available to members at $1 per 25. This full color brochure is a great tool for marketing to your customers on the benefits of handcrafted soap.
7. The “Ask The Expert” series will continue on the HSMG Forum, the first one featured Sandy Maine from Sun Feather Natural Soap Company. Stay tuned for the next expert announcement.
Great things are in store for 2009. Thank you to all of our members, volunteers and staff!
From Leigh O’Donnell, VP HSMG
Posted by Maria Gelnett, P&S Chair