If you sell your soap, you need insurance. Despite your careful formulation, good manufacturing practices, and thorough testing, liability claims can happen to any business. Here are nine reasons why having general, product, and professional liability insurance is a good idea:
9. Mold infiltrates your beautifully packaged finished soap
8. A student is hurt while following directions you gave them
7. You are demonstrating soap making and an audience member is splashed with caustic soap
6. Your shipment is lost by a 3rd party carrier en route to customer
5. A fire wipes out your inventory at a retail shop
4. Show organizers claim you’ve damaged a rented booth
3. A customer’s dog chokes on your doggie shampoo bar
2. Your soap falls from a retail shelf and takes out another company’s product
1. A customer’s child tries to eat your slightly too realistic ice cream cone melt and pour soap
We hope you never have to use it, but the general and product (and professional, should you so choose) liability insurance that is part of your HSMG membership is ready to back you up….just another benefit of being a member in Canada and the US.
Check out other benefits of HSMG membership here.