Join the crowd and be certifiably awesome. At the 2012 HSCG conference in Portland, we awarded certifications to 35 soapmakers – some of whom achieved certification in more than one testing track and more than one level!
The 2013 HSCG annual conference in Raleigh is fast approaching and once again, we will be offering certification exams. Currently, we have two opportunities within the conference schedule for you to take a certification exam: Thursday evening during the last hour of registration and Saturday morning just before the first session of the day.
If you’re testing this year during the conference, we have a few tips for you:
- Pre-register for your certification exam
- Login to access study materials
- Prepare soap samples, if required
- Prepare testing paperwork, if required
- Pack a calculator and pencil
- At the conference, check in at the certification table after registration
- Submit soap sample by noon May 17th
- Choose your testing session: Thursday, May 16 from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm or Saturday, May 18 from 7:00 am to 8:00 am
- On the day of the test, arrive a few minutes early to sign in. No late entries will be allowed
If you’re attending the 2013 conference, this is the perfect opportunity to demonstrate your mastery of soapmaking skills and take up to two certification exams.
Once you’ve achieved certification, we want to show you some love. Certified soapmakers are highlighted to consumers within the ‘Find a Soapmaker’ section of the website and receive a logo indicating certification for use in marketing.
What certification level are you working towards?