We may be knee deep in snow, but we are already dreaming of May as we happy-soap-dance our way through the final stretch of planning for HSCG’s 17th Annual Conference, being held May 20-22 in Tucson, Arizona. We are proud to announce Professor Dr. Vijai K. S. Shukla as this year’s conference keynote speaker.
So who is Prof. Dr. Shukla? Aside from authoring over 100 original scientific publications, Prof. Dr. Vijai K. S. Shukla has edited six books and contributed book chapters in topics ranging from cosmetics to modern analytical techniques for the separation of lipids and proteins. He also founded International Cosmetic Science Centre A/S in Denmark. You could say he’s a master of fats!
Prof. Dr. Vijai K. S. Shukla’s keynote at this year’s conference will be on Nature’s Gift to Soap & Cosmetics. We look forward to a fantastic kick-off of this year’s conference. If we’ve tickled your interest, you can read all about Prof. Dr. Shukla on the website.
Never been to a Guild conference? Whew, boy, do we have a lot to fill you in on. Suffice it to say, HSCG conferences are 3 days’ worth of the best business investment you can make. For 3 days each spring, we convene on a different location within the US,
– bringing together buyers and suppliers,
– updating the membership on the state of the organization,
– certifying members as soapmakers,
– holding a competition for soapers to show their stuff,
– collecting donations for a local charity,
– raffling off loads of prizes,
– and unwinding each evening with night time parties,
– not to mention keeping everyone well fed along the way!
P.S. You have 2 more days to get an application in for a scholarship to the 2014 Annual Conference, covering registration, hotel, and $500 of your travel costs. Huge thanks to Veracity for sponsoring 2 of these amazing scholarship opportunities!