Enter your best soaps into the Soapers Showcase at the 2014 Annual Conference! This is a great opportunity to showcase your soapmaking efforts in front of a record crowd of your soapmaking peers. Each registered conference attendee may submit up to three soaps, each soap submitted to one of the six (6) possible categories. In addition, all soaps entered have the chance to win "Best In Show," allowing the creator to take home a fabulous trophy.
Entry forms will be your in registration packet at the conference, or you can download the entry form to complete in advance of your arrival.
Below are the guidelines for participating in the Soapers Showcase:
- Each 2014 HSCG conference attendee may submit a maximum of three (3) soaps in the Soapers Showcase. The categories are:
- Best Scent M&P
- Best Appearance M&P
- Best Scent CP/HP
- Best Appearance CP/HP
- Best Packaging (all)
- Something Different (all)
- Best in Show
- You must sign up and deliver your soaps by May 20th, 12:00pm noon. Any soap delivered after that will not be able to be included. The Soapers Showcase Coordinator is in charge of the display and will decide how and where the soaps will be displayed. You are responsible for delivering your soaps to the showcase location at the conference.
- Soaps entered into the "Best Appearance" category need to be void of any packaging as it is easier for voters to see how fabulous your soaps are.
- All soaps entered into the Soapers Showcase will be automatically in the "Best of Show" category, so you do not have to worry about using one of your three entries for that race.
- Each soap entered will be assigned an identification number to ensure voting integrity. The Soapers Showcase Coordinator will determine the numbering process.
- During the conference, registered attendees will vote to determine the winners in each category. Ballots are due by 7:00pm on May 21st. Votes received after that time will not be counted.
- The voting process is very important. Each attendee will get one ballot in their registration packet. This is the only ballot they will receive. If the ballot is lost, stolen or damaged it cannot be replaced. This is to insure that there will be only one (1) vote per registered attendee.
- All soaps entered into the Showcase will be donated to a non-profit women's center at the end of the conference. You may bring additional soaps to donate to the organization, if you choose.
We look forward to seeing you in Tucson!