US Conference 2023
The 25th Annual HSCG Conference will be held at the Crown Center in Kansas City, MO.
The Annual Conference is a four day event, with registration starting on the evening of May 3, 2023 followed by our popular Experts Panels. Optional Intensive Seminars will be held on May 3, 2023 prior to registration and can be attended for an additional fee. The final event of the conference is the Annual Awards Dinner, a relaxed networking event that will wrap up your conference expereince.
Expect a completely packed schedule with classes and presentations during the day and special events in the evening. Breakfast and both morning and afternoon snacks every day are included. Lunch is included on two days, and dinner during the Annual Awards Dinner.
Topics and Speakers
The HSCG searches for expert speakers within the handcrafted soap and cosmetic industry as well as speakers with experience outside of the handcrafted circle. You can expect a diverse range of topics covering business, maker and advanced subjects to help you grow your business and expand your knowledge base. Past conferences have featured topics like advanced formulation, website design, new product innovation and more.
For members wishing to participate in the Certification Program, sessions for examinations are scheduled at several times during the Annual Conference for your convenience.
Who can attend?
Conference attendance is open to Members and non-members of the Handcrafted Soap & Cosmetic Guild. Members receive a substantial discount on the registration fee, which includes attendance to the Experts Panels, speaker sessions, as well as participation in all drawings and prize awards, and the Soapers' Showcase (optional). Certification time slots are open to HSCG Members exclusively. All attendees are invited to attend sponsored parties and events, and HSCG Members are invited to attend the Annual Meeting, held during lunch on the second full day of the conference.
Registration for the 2023 conference is open. Due to space limitations, the number of attendees is limited and is likely to sell out as it has in past conferences. Make sure to register early so you can take advantage of early-bird discounts and join us in Kansas City, MO!
What Comes With Your Registration?
Every registration includes:
- Access to all classes, demonstrations and workshops topics and sessions.
- Access to special events.
- All conference meals and breaks.
- Detailed handouts from speakers
- Access to WHOVA, the HSCG Conference App
- Entrance into the Conference Exhibitor Hall
- Access to the digital Program Book with specials and information
- An HSCG Water Bottle
- A Conference Bag
- All HSCG Gifts and Goodies
- All sponsored gifts and goodies
- Entry to the Awards Dinner on May 6, 2023
- Lots of networking time with other soap and cosmetic makers and industry experts
- Tons of fun and information!
Registration DOES NOT include:
- Guestrooms at the Sheraton Crown Center. (However, attendees ARE entitled to a discounted room rate.)
- Ground transportation to and from the hotel.
- Any meals outside of those outlined in the conference schedule.
- Intensive Seminars taking place on May 3, 2023
Registration Fees and Deadlines
|Ultimate||June 30, 2022 at 4:00 pm EST||$539||n/a|
|Premier||October 31, 2022 at 4:00 pm EST||$579||n/a|
|Prime||February 27, 2023 at 4:00 pm EST||$619||$779|
|Regular (Full) Rate||May 3, 2023 *||$659||$898|
* Registration at the full rate will be available until the conference starts on May 3, 2023, UNLESS the conference reaches capacity and is sold out before then.
If you want to bring a guest with you who won't be attending the conference but wants to join you for meals, you may purchase a guest meal ticket. The cost is $349 and covers all meals, the Awards Dinner and any special parties. Purchase Guest Meal Ticket.
An HSCG member may bring up to 4 associates (family members, business partners, staff, etc.) to the conference under his/her member number and take advantage of the member rate for the associates.
Exhibitor space is available for vendors and suppliers who offer products and/or services to the industry. Throughout the conference, plenty of time is set aside for attendees to visit the Exhibitor Hall. HSCG Vendor members are entitled to a significant discount on exhibitor space at the conference.
The cancellation policy is set by HSCG policy. Please review it.
For fully paid registration fees, guest tickets or exhibitor tables canceled on or before November 30, 2022 the HSCG will issue a refund for 50% the conference registration fee paid. No refunds will be given for cancellations received after November 30, 2022. Cancellations must be made in writing either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to HSCG, 184 Edie Rd Ste A, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866.
This cancellation policy will remain the same regardless of whether or not the conference has open spots, sells out or has a waiting list. If a Waiting List is created due to a sold out conference, the HSCG shall follow the Wait Lists Policy of June 30, 2009 (as revised October 7, 2013).
Sale or Transfer of Registration to Third Party
Any attendee who is unable to attend the conference and wishes to sell or transfer their registration to another attendee must do so no later than March 30th, 2023. The original registered attendee must contact HSCG Headquarters via phone or email to confirm sale or transfer to a third party before the third party reaches out to us. We are unable to accomodate sales or transfers completed after March 30th, 2023 without receiving contact from the original registered attendee.
The HSCG has made the determination that the following requirements must be met by all attendees.
All attendees are required to:
- Be vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with the CDC definition of "fully vaccinated". This means attendees must have had both doses of a two-dose mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose for single-dose vaccines (Johnson & Johnson/Janssen)
- Present a negative PCR test result from a test not taken more than 72 hours prior to the start of the Annual Conference.
Proof of vaccination or proof of negative PCR test will be collected by a trusted, professional third-party service. The HSCG will not collect and cannot accept medical information for verification of vaccine status or negative PCR test results.
Please note that the COVID-19 Safety policy is subject to change with the circumstances of the pandemic.