2922 16th Street
Great Bend, KS 67530 United States
- All Natural Soaps
- Colored Soaps
- Facial Products
- Holiday Themed Soaps
- Other Bath Products
- Uncolored Soaps
- Unscented Soaps
Greetings! My name is Rebecca and I am the owner and soapmaker for Artisan Soaps. I live in the heart of rural Kansas with Annie (the dog) and Sage (the cat). I enjoy simple living, creative endeavors, and quality products that are a pleasure to have and use.
Artisan Soaps began in 2012. This story from The Great Bend Tribune tells a little more about how Artisan Soaps came to be. Ever since purchasing my first bar, I have always enjoyed handcrafted soap. Even when I didn't have much money, a nice bar of soap was a small little affordable luxury that could bring a bit of joy, and a smile to start my day. I enjoy sharing that with others. Today, Artisan Soaps offers one of the largest selections of quality handcrafted soaps in the area.
There are good reasons for purchasing and using handcrafted soaps over other commercial alternatives; you can read about the benefits of handcrafted soap here. But there are also a few business-specific values that make Artisan Soaps a "good buy." These values include:
- Quality: I do my best to make sure that you get a good quality product that is a pleasure to have and use. Your products will be made, cut, stored, wrapped, packaged, and transported with care and attentiveness.
- Honesty: I offer fair prices and transparency about ingredients and processes.
- Human-Centered: I treat customers, volunteers, vendors, etc. with fairness, respect, and dignity.
- Environmentally-Conscious: Caring about the environment is important to me. I do everything I can to produce products in a consistent environmentally-friendly manner. Everything that can be recycled gets recycled. I reuse the packaging materials that come with my shipments, and I purchase labels, sacks, and packaging made from recycled resources wherever possible.
These business-specific values are consistent with the code of ethics that I uphold as a professional member of the Handcrafted Soap & Cosmetic Guild:
- follow good manufacturing practices
- ensure that products are safe for use
- accurately label products
- provide accurate information about ingredients, and the benefits and use of products
- conduct business in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws
Currently, the Artisan Soap Shop is open on Saturdays from 9 am to 5 pm. The shop is located at 2922 16th Street in Great Bend KS. If you can't make the Saturday hours, or you need to make an emergency gift purchase, just contact me here and I'll make sure I'm at the shop when you come by.