The HSCG has a Teacher Program to assist qualified Teachers to make themselves and their classes known to potential students. The program is designed to allow website visitors to find a teacher or find classes to learn about making soap, cosmetics and other product. Both listings are by state (within the US) or country (outside the US) so potential students can find someone nearby when possible.
Both members and non-members will be able to search for Teachers and Classes but only HSCG Members may become recognized as Teachers and be listed on the website.
Members and non-members may also opt to receive the monthly eNews listing upcoming classes.
Teacher Program Benefits
- Special Teacher Symbol in the Find Soap and Cosmetic Handcrafters online listing.
- Inclusion in HSCG Teacher Directory on HSCG Website, with a picture
- Special HSCG Teacher Logo for use online and in print (while a member)
- Post classes offered in Upcoming Classes list
- Inclusion in monthly "Upcoming Classes" eNews, sent to HSCG members and non-members who opt-in to receive the eNews.
- Five (5) Golden Soap Bubbles in the HSCG Referral Program for each individual referred that joins the HSCG. (Golden Soap Bubbles can be used for your renewals, insurance, conference, merchandise)
- Free Conference Ticket if more than 30 referrals join the HSCG members in the preceeding calendar year
- HSCG will provide raffle, goodie items and certificates for open houses and anniversary parties. (Please call HSCG Office at least 30 days prior)
- Promotion and information may be placed on collective teacher materials vendor table at conference (even if not present)
- Social Media spotlights
- Quadruple Golden Soap Bubbles if a teacher refers a new member who then participates in the HSCG Teacher Program.
In order to qualify for the HSCG Teacher Program, a member must be a Professional Soapmaker Member, have attained HSCG Soapmaker Certification at minimally the Basic level for either CP/HP or MP, and have completed a minimum number of teaching hours.
There are three Teacher Levels: Basic, Advanced and Master. Please see the table below for the requirements for each level. There is no additional cost to participate in the Teacher Program.
|Basic Soapmaker Teacher||Advanced Soapmaker Teacher||Master Soapmaker Teacher|
|Basic Certification||Advanced Certification||Master Certification|
|10 hours teaching experience||25 hours teaching experience||100 hours teaching experience|
|Professional Liability Insurance|
|HSCG Professional Handcrafter Member|
- Certification must be achieved in all disciplines taught (CP/HP and/or MP).
- Teaching time must be documented on the application form.
- Professional Liability Insurance covers professional activities such as teaching, writing books, consulting. It is not included in the basic insurance offered through the HSCG, but IS available as an add-on. If your insurance is provided through a different company, you must provide proof of professional liability coverage.