Purchase Gold SponsorshipThis sponsorship includes the following:
- (1) Attendee registration
- (2) spaces in our Exhibitor Hall
- Half page ad in our digital program book
- Shoutout on HSCG social profiles
- Acknowledgement on the HSCG website and Whova
- Logo displayed on presentations at the welcome address and Award's Dinner
1 Your Details
For good and valuable consideration, including my entry upon and participation in events presented by The Handcrafted Soap & Cosmetic Guild ("HSCG"), and it's agents, I hereby grant to HSCG the absolute and irrevocable right and unrestricted permission concerning any photographs or video images (the "images ") that HSCG now has or may obtain of my likeness, whether alone or with others, knowingly or unknowingly acquired, to use, reuse, publish, and republish in whole or in part, individually or in connection with other material, in any and all media now or hereafter known, including the internet, and for any purpose whatsoever, including in any compilation or derivative work in which such images may appear; and to use my name in connection with any such use at HSCG's sole and absolute discretion.
I release and discharge the HSCG from any and all claims and demands that may arise out of or in connection with the use of the images, including without limitation any and all claims for payment or royalties, claims or demands for libel or violation of any right of publicity or privacy. This authorization and release shall also inure to the benefit of HSCG's principals, agents, employees, their heirs, legal representatives, licensees, and assigns.
I am a legally competent adult and have the right to contract in my own name. I have read this document and fully understand its contents. This agreement and release shall be construed and enforced pursuant to the laws of the State of New York, and is intended to be binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives, and assigns.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
I desire to participate in preparing handcrafted soap (the "Activity"). The Activity is provided by The Handcrafted Soap and Cosmetic Guild, Inc., a Delaware non-profit corporation with offices located at 184 Edie Road, Suite A, Saratoga Springs, New York 12866, or by one of the local chapters thereof (in each case, such organization is hereafter referred to as "HSCG"). As lawful consideration for the intangible value that I will gain by participating in the Activity, I agree to all of the terms and conditions set forth in this Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnification Agreement (this "Agreement").
- Assumption of Risk. I AM AWARE AND UNDERSTAND THAT THE ACTIVITY IS A DANGEROUS ACTIVITY, INVOLVING, AMONG OTHER THINGS, CAUSTIC MATERIALS, SUCH AS LYE, AND SHARP OBJECTS, SUCH AS SOAP CARVING TOOLS, AND THIS ACTIVITY INVOLVES THE RISK OF SERIOUS INJURY. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY INJURIES THAT I SUSTAIN MAY BE COMPOUNDED BY NEGLIGENT EMERGENCY RESPONSE OR RESCUE OPERATIONS OF HSCG. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITY WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE DANGER INVOLVED AND HEREBY AGREE TO ACCEPT AND ASSUME ANY AND ALL RISKS OF INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF HSCG OR OTHERWISE.
- Release of Liability and Promise Not to Sue. On behalf of myself and my next of kin, heirs and representatives, I hereby expressly waive and release any and all claims, now known or hereafter known, against HSCG and its owners, officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, members, successors, and assigns (collectively, "Releasees"), on account of injury, death, or property damage arising out of or attributable to my participation in the Activity, even if such injury, death, or property damage is in any way caused by the negligence of HSCG or any Releasees or otherwise. I promise not to sue HSCG or any other Releasee, and I forever release and discharge HSCG and all other Releasees from any and all liability related to my participation in the Activity.
- Indemnification. I promise to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless HSCG and all other Releasees against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable attorneys' fees, fees and the costs of enforcing any right to indemnification under this Agreement, and the cost of pursuing any insurance providers, arising out of or resulting from any claim of a third party related to my negligence or recklessness as a participant in the Activity.
- Miscellaneous Terms. This Agreement constitutes the sole and entire agreement of HSCG and me with respect to the subject matter contained herein and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. This Agreement is binding on and shall inure to the benefit of HSCG and me and our respective heirs, successors and assigns. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice or conflict of laws provision or rule (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction). Any claim or cause of action arising under this Agreement may be brought only in the federal or state courts located in New York and I hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT AND THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE HSCG.
Conference Cancellation Policy
For fully paid registration fees, guest tickets or exhibitor tables canceled on or before November 30, 2022 the HSCG will issue a refund for 50% the conference registration fee paid. No refunds will be given for cancellations received after November 30, 2022. Cancellations must be made in writing either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to HSCG, 184 Edie Rd Ste A, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866.
This cancellation policy will remain the same regardless of whether or not the conference has open spots, sells out or has a waiting list. If a Waiting List is created due to a sold out conference, the HSCG shall follow the Wait Lists Policy of June 30, 2009 (as revised October 7, 2013).
Sale or Transfer of Registration to Third Party
Any attendee who is unable to attend the conference and wishes to sell or transfer their registration to another attendee must do so no later than March 30th, 2023. The original registered attendee must contact HSCG Headquarters via phone or email to confirm sale or transfer to a third party before the third party reaches out to us. We are unable to accomodate sales or transfers completed after March 30th, 2023 without receiving contact from the original registered attendee.
Conference COVID Waiver
The COVID-19 pandemic poses serious risk and by attending this Conference you agree to accept those risks and take responsibility for your saftey. We recommend and strongly encourage everyone to wear face coverings at all times in public places during the Conference.
You acknowledge and agree that the Handcrafter Soap and Cosmetic Guild (HSCG) shall have no liability to you with respect to any exposure to or illness resulting from any epidemic or pandemic (including COVID-19) you may experience or persons you come into contact with during or as a result of the Conference, and waive any claim with respect thereto, against HSCG, its officers, directors, colunteers, agents and employees.
You agree to comply with (i) all applicable local, state and federal laws, orders, rules, regulations and (ii) all requirements of municipal governments, departments, commisions, boards and officers and with any rules and regulations for the operation of the Conference venue, including but not limited to COVID-19 related guidelines and all other reasonable requests of Sheraton Crown Center.