The HSCG is committed to bringing together handcrafted soap, cosmetic and candles makers to strengthen our industry. In addition to classes, our Annual Conference and Local Chapters, we also share events and gatherings around the country.
Whether learning, socializing, or providing community service, members and non-members are welcome to attend the events listed below. Events are both in-person and online.
If you would like to share an upcoming event, please submit the information to add to the calendar.
National Soapmaking Day
September 24th, 2023
National Soapmaking Day is always the last Sunday in September.
Activities for Newbies Celebrating National Soapmaking Day:
1. Learn how soap was made historically.
2. Learn how modern soap is made.
3. Make melt and pour soap.
4. Make re-batched soap from existing bars.
5. Make cold process soap.
6. Teach a soapmaking class.
7. Have a soapmaking party.
8. Use #NationalSoapmakingDay in social media.
Challenges for More Experienced Soapmakers on National Soapmaking Day:
1. Push yourself to create a first-ever soap by using new colors or advanced decorative techniques.
2. Volunteer to host a soapmaking demonstration for a group of your friends.
3. Invite a soapmaking friend to a fun soap-off challenge to see who can make a better soap or more soap.
4. Make a batch of soap to donate to a non-profit organization in need of soap, such as Soap Donation Center.
5. Use #NationalSoapmakingDay in social media.
Free SoCal Soapmakers' Luncheon
October 8th, 2023
This luncheon is open to all soapmakers and makers of personal care products, whether professional or novice, whether cold/hot process method or "melt and pour." The Soapmakers' Luncheon is open to the public and attendance is free, just pay for anything you order from the menu. Our friendly soap meetup group is casual and provides a means of networking with local soapy artisans. Attend this creative handmade soaps and DIY bodycare meetup group luncheon at any level: Professional soapmaker, hobbyist soaper, or beginning crafter. The soap lunch venue is Marie Callender's restaurant on Alvarado Road in San Diego at 2:00 pm.